What does the government need to do to support electric vehicles?

In my opinion, it’s more about what they need to stop doing than what they need to do. Currently, oil companies are getting billions of dollars in tax breaks from the government, and to me it makes absolutely no sense to subsidize oil and electric infrastructure at the same time. The day the government stops subsidizing oil, I swear I will break down and cry with joy! Unfortunately, the government is still giving the oil companies way too many tax breaks.

Giving hybrids access to the carpool lane with no passengers was a great incentive! Even though this made more traffic in the carpool lanes, overall I thought it was a great idea. Maybe they could make special parking spots for hybrids at stores, restaurants, etc?