What do you think will happen to the wolf population if the government lifts the protection for them?

2

Answers

To quote one Montana rancher, “wolves don’t belong here…I shoot over their heads to scare them off and if it weren’t for the fines or jail time I would shoot lower”.  This was from an interview by wildlife/survival expert Ray Mears with a montana rancher.  Wolves are commonly poisoned and shot at by angry ranchers.  If wolves were not protected they would quickly be eradicated through poisoning and shooting.  

As bialowieza mentioned, wolves would be shot by ranchers and other people who don’t want predators nearby. In Alaska, the way people hunt wolves is to take out an entire pack through aerial gunning. It is a really disgusting way to hunt wolves, and completely unfair to them.