What do you think is the most dangerous environmental problem?

I think one of the most potentially dangerous problems in the disappearing of our forests. People are not realizing that a good amount of oxygen in our atmosphere, the gas we need to live and breathe, comes from trees. They also absorb CO2, the most prevalent greenhouse gas. Thousands of species are in danger as a result of the massive amounts of logging, if we don’t do something quick, it could disrupt our ecosystem on a world-wide scale.

I think that climate change is an important issue in the altered habitats of many species.  Deforestation and land use are two factors that have influenced the habitats of many native species, and these species are being forced to move to find suitable living conditions.

Every time a human exhales, CO2 is excreted.  Due to medicines and surgical procedures and technology in general, humans are living much longer; in fact, right now in Italy more retired citizens exist than do children. What will that leave for future generations?  Sure, the industrial revolutions in nations around the planet have been large contributors, but this “polution” has been purely based on human needs for survival. Now, I am not trying to downplay and mask the fact that humans can do something to improve ecology. Rather, I want to show how blindly and shallowly blaming instead of working together and revising plans, redirecting work-orders, and in general shooting valuable ideas off one another in an effort at discovering what will best problem-solve is never going to lead toward any form of fruitful resolution.