What do you think its going to take for more homes to start using LED lights?

I think LEDs need to be developed further in terms of their flexibility. Currently there are only a few LED bulbs that are widely available. I know some people who will not buy them because they will not work with dimmer switches.

Also, the prices need to come down. LED lightbulbs cost several times what normal lightbulbs cost, which makes them inaccessible to many people.

I think one of the key factors that limit the use of LED bulbs today are their initial cost. That wouldn’t be a problem if most people would understand that a LED bulb can easily have a lifespan of a decade or more, and thus a investment pay off in the long run, because of the energy saved. But most people aren’t bothered by this and usually buy the cheapest bulb they can find.