What do you think about the Academy cutting short the acceptance speech for The Cove?

They have to cut pretty much everyone off in the hopes that they won’t go over the time slot. Self-centered celebrities tend to keep talking anyway, with no regard for this. More respectful people, such as those “lowly” folks accepting an award for a documentary, will stop when told to stop.

I think a big reason why they cut it short was because the one guy held up that sign.  They cut that camera away really quickly.  I think they probably thought that was too “hippie-ish” or something.   But i totally noticed it too though, they definitely cut them off. 

The Oscars cut a lot of things that shouldn’t have been cut short.  I feel like a lot of the awards that people tend to find “boring” or “uninteresting” were blatantly disrespected.  To be honest, the fact that they cut short The Cove (although I thought it was disrespectful) didn’t bother me as much as the presentation for Best Cinematography.  No clips from the movies for an award about camera and visual work?  Shameful.

Not much, they cut short every one’s speech at the academy awards. Unless they had a speech on par with the Gettysburg address the fact that they won will give them and their cause the most recognition and publicity.