What is dirt or rock removed from its original location destroying the composition of the soil in the process as in trip mining derdging or construction called?




  1. 0 Votes

    I believe that the process you are referring to is called “mountain top removal,” a process used during surface coal mining. Mountain top removal involves the removal of topsoil and vegetation from the mining site. The removal (often called “overburden,” or “spoil”) is either burned or tossed into adjoining valleys. This process of filling the valley(s) with overburden has led to the destruction and/or pollution of headwater streams. 

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!