what is the difference of the inner and outer planets in our solar system?

Well carleejayne, let’s start at the middle. The inner planets of our solar system are very dense. Made of rocky materials with atmosphere that has weather similar to Earth (by interplanetary standards, of course). Also, their cores are comprised of metal. The outer “Jovian” planets are massive gas giants, known for their rings, numerous moons, and subzero temperatures. I hope I helped, and have a green day!

Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars, the inner planets, are relatively small and rocky; these are terrestrial planets(Earth like). The outer planets, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune have gaseous atomspheres and no solid surfaces. These gassy planets are known as gas giants or Jovian planets (Jupiter like).