What country do you think will be the first to start using vertical farms?

England has already premiered the first vertical farm at Paignton Zoo in Devon, England. 

I am not sure vertical farming is going to be anything more than an experimental fad. While it is true that several pilot projects have been established in the UK, I think the viability of large-scale vertical farming remains to be proven. One of the major issues is that it may take more energy to support a large-scale vertical farm than it would save. Indoor greenhouses need precise temperature controls as well as lighting the portions of farms that don’t receive natural light, and that’s very energy-intensive. While the idea of skyscrapers in Manhattan or Shangahi being crowned with lush green towers of edible crops is admittedly an attractive one, I think the idea needs more study before it becomes attractive to investors.