What country is the Amazon located in?

Th Amazon rain forest spans Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

The Amazon River does not flow through Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia, Guyana, French Guiana, or Suriname. Tributaries of the Amazon do, but the Amazon does not – it flows only in Peru and Brazil, plus a short segment of the border of Colombia. The blurtit.com link is in error.

I agree! After looking at maps I deleted the portion of my answer which referred to the countries that the Amazon River flows through. I simply neglected to delete the citation. Thanks for being heads up!

And I saw that you removed that part too, after I clicked “submit” – didn’t realize you were still editing earlier, sorry I was so fast on the trigger!