what is the cost of production of solar energy per megawatt in india

1

Answers

The cost of solar power in India is currently more than double the price of 5.42 rupees per kilowatt-hour for electrical power.  The price of energy is usually discussed in terms of kilowatt-hours instead of kilowatts – a kilowatt hour refers to the amount of energy equivalent to one kilowatt of power expended for one hour of time (ex: a laundry machine rated at 1000 watts running for one hour uses one kilowatt hour of energy).  There are 1000 kilowatts in 1 megawatt, so though I’m not an expert, I would imagine that 5.42 rupees per kilowatt-hour is roughly equivalent to 5420 rupees per megawatt-hour.  Solar energy costs more than twice the cost of electrical power, so that would lead me to believe that solar power would cost more than 10840 rupees per megawatt-hour.