What is the coolest tree house you have seen a picture of?

Answers

Would have to be this one, you can find more photos and info on it using the link in citations

I personally like this tree house (observation platform), since it is way up high, sort of blends into the canopy, and… theres a zip line!!!

Maybe it’s because I was born in California, but I have a soft spot for the giant redwoods. 

I think this is a pretty cool tree house.  It’s in Seattle, about 30 miles from where I live.  It has a modular design and is about 3 stories high.  

I love how the mirrors on this one just make it blend into the background =) I really like all the trees in the linked site, though.

[img_assist|nid=170824|title=Treehouse|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=522]

Not sure if you consider this a technical tree house, but I love the “Pirates Tree House”.

I think that this is a really cool treehouse.  It is actually a restaurant in New Zealand called the Yellow Treehouse Restaurant.  The treehouse is built in a 40 meter tall redwood tree.  The structure is slightly controversial because it was funded by the Yellow Pages in order to gain publicity, and promote their services.  The house is considered by some to be eco-friendly, but it was built by a company that produces 500 million directories each year in the United States alone, accounting for an estimated 5% of landfill waste.

[img_assist|nid=201689|title=Treehouse|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=300|height=300]

[img_assist|nid=202578|title=Sea house|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=207|height=244]ok so this isnt a tree house, but i thought it was pretty cool.  I think this is where superman lives. 

Outside of Endor, it would have to be this one…

Check out this one!

As a serious treehouse conneseur, I have a bunch, but you have to admire the treehouses built by the Kombai people in Papua New Guinea:treehouse

It looks so precariously set!

Also, there is a book by Peter Nelson, called “New Treehouses of the World” which is full of amazing treehouses – a few are in the link below.

I’d love to go see this tree house! There’s something about it that reminds me of a pirate’s ship, and i love that it’s next to the water.

It’s where the Lost Boys lived. Awesome!

I love all the featured tree houses here. This one is neat, I think, because of how cool the tree it is built in is.  Look at that trunk!

I like this one, the interior of a beautiful, comfortable, luxurious treehouse!! It looks so cozy…

It’s like a tree castle!

This is a picture of an eco friendly tree lodge on the southern coast of Costa Rica. It is located at the Gandoca-Manzanillo wildlife reserve, and contains 4 houses in a tropical environment with trees and an ocean front. Pretty cool!

This is my favorite tree house. I love how cozy the house looks and the openness of the My Fav. Tree HouseMy Fav. Tree Housesurrounding area.

You have to check out this simple but cozy and even sufficient to sleep year round treehouse.PERFECT ESCAPE

A great article with excellent pictures can be found in a back issue of Smithsonian Magazine. Unfortunately, the article is from quite a few years back, 1995 to be exact! But if you can get your hands on it, it is quite striking. The fact that I remember it from 10+ years ago should be proof of that! Check out a snippet of the article at this link: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/treehouses-abstract.html

Here is the cover:

Smithsonian Tree House

Got to be this one!

Awesome. I want to live in this one. 

I think this is the cool house.

Bean bags | Bar stools | Trampolines