What is the coolest fish in the world?

One of the most interesting fish in my opinion is the lionfish otherwise known as the Turkey Fish, or Fire fish. They are distinguished by their extremely long and separated spines and have a red, green, navy green striped and orange striped appearance. They range in size from 30 centimeters to 35 centimeters in length depending on the species. They are native to the Indo – Pacific oceanic region. They are one of the most interesting looking fish that I have ever seen. The long spikes that they have although nice to look at are highly venomous. Though not fatal to humans, a sting from a lionfish can result in extreme pain, headaches, vomiting, and breathing difficulties. 

I, personally, am of the opinion that the anglerfish is really super neat, in a scary deep sea way. The females are absolutely huge (for deep sea fish), with giant teeth and a “lantern” to attract prey. Males are actually very small and attach to the females. Eventually, the males are absorbed into the female and are permanently attached, used only for reproduction. A female can have multiple males on her at any given time.

I think the regal tang fish is very interesting and beautiful.  It is a vibrant blue color, and is popular in many coral reefs.