What is a complex protein?

I think maybe you mean a protein complex. I protein complex is more than one protein strand that are connected to each other via hydrogen bonds, polar bonds, and sulfur bonds, in order to form one big functional unitl. A common example of a protein complex is collagen. It consists of 3 protein strands that are wound together in a helix creating the functional unit of a collagen strand.

I think you might be wondering about complete proteins. Complete proteins are those that contain all nine essential amino acids. Except for soybeans, all the food sources are from meat, fish, dairy, and eggs. If you eat a strictly vegan diet, a complete protein can be formed by eating either beans and rice, corn and beans, or wheat cereal.