What is a carbon negative workout?

1

Answers

I guess a carbon negative workout would be one in which you are not just not USING energy, but one in which you CREATE energy. There is a company in Florida called RevRev which makes it possible to have a carbon negative workout.  At this gym you could do a 30 minute workout on an elliptical and generate enough energy to charge your cell phone 6 times, pretty cool!

I remember seeing an interview with Ed Begley Jr where he made his breakfast toast by riding a bicycle he had hooked up to a generator.  And one of the news stations at the MN state fair has fair goers bike to generate energy that is stored in batteries to power a few of their nightly news casts.  So, it looks like there are a lot of ways to have a carbon negative workout.