What is the Carbon Footprint of a beehive?

I know honeybees pollinate plants which results in significant greening. This greening causes C02 to be absorbed (breathed) by the plants and replaced with 02. Hive are made of wood and a few nails. Nothing high tech. I believe a honeybee hive is carbon negative. Can someone corroborate that?

Well I couldn’t find any exact numbers to support this, but I did find that it takes about 1 million beehives to pollinate ALL of California’s almond trees. That’s not a large number considering how many almond trees Cali has. In addition to those almond trees, those bees are going to pollinate other plants, so I agree it sounds like they do have a negative footprint.

There’s a company called Your Pure Honey that allows people to purchase a beehive and get their own honey from it. The funds from one beehive purchase go to the support of 5 acres of natural forest. That is a lot of trees that one beehive can support. I know that was a little bit off topic, but in a way that relates to bees’ carbon footprint. Or peoples’, depending how you think of it.

Your answer is helpful, however CA produces over 80% of the worlds almonds. Approx 750,000 acres of almond trees. It takes 1.5 million beehives to do this. There are approx 50,000 bees in a hive. Each bee (virtually) becomes a forager. Each foraging trip represents 50 to 100 flower visits. Thats a lot of greening. I was just curious if anyone had any hard numbers about the carbon footprint that this represents. I believe a beehive is carbon negative. Thank you for your thoughtful answer.

Whoops. Meant to say that is a large number of avocado trees. Typo. =/