What can I use old packaging peanuts for?

The links below provide some great suggestions. Here are some of my favorites:

-Place packing peanuts in plastic bags on top of ice in a cooler. The peanuts will keep everything colder for longer.

-String packing peanuts instead of popcorn for a fun holiday/birthday decoration

-Place packing peanuts on the tips of sharp tools (scissors, screwdrivers, etc.) to keep them from being too terribly dangerous

-Use them to support dried flower arrangements

If you want a somewhat obvious answer, you can save the packing peanuts and reuse them when you have to send a package to someone.  In general, packing peanuts are something that could be used for a variety of different things around the house that might need fixing or something done.  The choices are virtually endless, so there’s no right answer.

You can also drop them off with the Plastic Loose Fill Council. They have over 1500 collection sites in the U.S. and will pick up unwanted polystyrene packaging for reuse.

You can use them as toe separators for pedicures!

I love the ideas above…. i had no idea they could do so much. Great question!