what can i do to start recycling

every wear i look theres things i trow in the trash theres papers platic metal and other stuff but dont now how to start

If you wish to start small, there are some states such as Oregon and Washington that run bottle deposit returns, where they charge you 5 cents for every bottle/can you buy, so that you can return them to specified locations to redeem your 5 cents. This would be a good way to start recycling.

However, if you are serious about recycling (and more power to you!), first, I would contact your local waste management services to find out what kinds of materials they recycle, where to go to recycle them, and how to recycle (in terms of procedurals). They should have information concerning certain materials that can or can not be recycled, as well as the manner in which you must prepare them.

You can figure out how your area sorts the recycling. Some places simply put paper, glass, and plastic together, while others separate them. Contact your local recycling plant/director in the area for more information. Also get motivated to help the environment. Reduce, reuse, recycle. 

When I was trying to get my family into recycling, I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and bought one of the four bin cans.  I made cute little designs showing what this bin was for and plastered it all over each one.  Not only does it encourage you to recycle, but when you’re starting it helps to remind you exactly what you can keep from just throwing away.  Hope this helps!  Also, a great way to recycle is to reuse.  Instead of tossing old clothes or rags, donate them to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Here’s a helpful website where you can learn about recycling in your area. Many areas will pick up recycling from homes, businesses, and apartment buildings just like they do regular garbage (though you’d want to check with your local authorities about how to separate, days of pick-up, and whether or not your area requires recycling to be placed in special bags or bins). If your area does not do recycling pick-up you can take it to your local recycling center. Many larger grocery stores will also take bottles and cans and give you the bottle deposit for them.