What can I do to make my cheese last longer?

Depending on the type of cheese, it can last a long time by being kept in your refridgerator. Make sure it is in a sealed container so water or moisture does not get to the cheese.

Even if mold forms on the cheese, you can cut this area off and still eat the rest of the cheese with no problems. Some people will even cut the cheese into chunks and freeze part of it. You can thaw it later and keep it as above for quite a while.

Cheese actually freezes really well. Slice or grate it, put it in a bag, and stick it in your freezer; this can sometimes change the texture, but usually, not enough to bother anyone. You can also stick in sugar cubes with it; I’m not sure why, but people have claimed that this will make cheese keep for longer. The links have some more information that’s super helpful, so good luck!

The best thing you can do is keep it well sealed and in the refrigerator.  There is a special paper known as Formaticum that is proven to extend the life of cheese.  It allows the cheese to have the humidity it needs and won’t suffocate the cheese like tin foils or other wraps.