What brands are the worst offenders of claiming to be “green”?

In your opinion.

In my opinion, BP is the worst greenwashers. Several years ago, I remember a commercial produced by BP that called themselves Beyond Petroleum to promote their efforts in developing sustainable energy. Now we know their true side after the devastating oil spill in the gulf of mexico about 2 years ago and the media uncovering all the un-green things they did before and now. 

I’d say Nike. I say that more for their use of sweatshops, though. Their commercials make me sick because I know what they are really doing. Nike donated a few pennies to green charities, but that doesn’t excuse the other things they have done. Also, I always got bad vibes from Nike even before I knew about their sweatshop practices. I’ve always been suspicious of popular companies.