What is the biggest rebate you can get for going green?

I suppose the biggest (real) rebate you can get for “going green” is the assurance that you’ve done everything in your power to make the world healthier for generations to come.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that you are asking about government rebates offered on “green” consumer moves, such as adding alternative energy for your home, or buying a hybrid vehicle.

The rebates you can receive on certain home improvements depends on the state where you live and their policies. However, the IRS offers a green tax credit called the Alternative Motor Vehicle credit after the purchase of qualifying sustainable vehicles. 

• For information on the Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit, see:

You’ll want to look at your state’s policies concerning green tax credits. A database exists where you can find this information, called the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency. 

I hope this information was helpful!      🙂