I my opinion they all are the best, but if I had to choose one it would be a tomato, you can practically cook it in anything!
There isn’t really one best veggie. Variety is really what is key. Everyone, even vegetarians, have to eat a wide variety of foods to get all the vitamins and nutrients they need.
A variety of vegetables (fruits, legumes, and grains) is definitely the most important aspect of a vegetarian diet. That said, three important foods would be broccoli, bok choy, and spinach, because they have a lot of iron, a nutrient that is very important for vegetarians to remember to include in their diet.
Not sure there’s really one single vegetable that is the best, but rather a team of top 10 veggies that make the list. Here are a few that outrank the rest:
1. Collard greens: often used in ‘soul food’ recipes these green veggies are packed with calcium, vitamin E, and beta-carotene.
2. Sweet potatoes: the healthier cousin to potatoes, these light pink/orange veggies are stuffed with iron, fiber, and calcium and are thought to have anti-inflammatory tendencies as well as the ability to rid the body of free radicals linked to cancer and other chronic illnesses.
3. Broccoli: packaged as cute, mini-trees, broccoli has the ability to fight cancer and also has high levels of folic acid which is thought to prevent birth defects. To top it off, broccoli is sky high in vitamin C and calcium.
4. Onions: if you don’t mind smelling, onions can be a powerhouse vegetable that is easy to stick into any recipe or dish. Onions help to control blood sugar and also aid in cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health.
5. Carrots: wanna see orange? Carrots are known to strengthen vision, can also be helpful in regulating blood sugar and are packed with beta-carotenes.
This is just the short list, but should get you started off right. For a really delicious veggie dish, in coconut oil, stir fry all of the above veggies with a little bit of tempeh or tofu, some salt and pepper and voila!, delicious dinner incorporating 5 of the best veggies on this Earth.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC