What is the best subway or light rail system you have ridden?

The Portland Metropolitan Area of Oregon is widely considered to be one of the nation’s most public transportation-friendly regions, with a system of light rail, street car, and buses that easily connect most areas in a three-county region. President Obama’s Transportation Secretary has referred to the Portland light rail system as a model that provides an example for the whole country to follow. I myself have ridden light rail and other forms of public transportation around Portland extensively, and can say that the light rail is efficient, convenient, and has a safer, cleaner feel than the subways in many other cities. Last month, despite traveling long distances in the Portland area at least a couple of times per week, I rode in a car only twice, relying completely on public transportation the rest of the time.