What is the best power strip to help with energy efficiency?

There are a number of strips out there that feature “smart” outlets that automatically cut all power to that particular plug when the device is turned off.  They also offer surge protection.

The Smart Strip LCG3 Energy Saving Surge Protector with Autoswitching Technology, 10-Outlet got great reviews on Amazon.com. It got almost all 5 stars. Here is a review from amazon:

Works perfectly! I’m sure I’ll start seeing savings right away since I have plethora of equipment. Setup is simple, just plug the TV i it into the controlling outlet and then the DVD player, xbox, etc… into the switching outlets. Now when I power off/on the TV everything shuts off/on with it. The nice thing about the power strip is that it has a couple of always-on outlets for recording devices – so they don’t lose the date and time. This is a well thought out and simple product.