What is the best park in the United States?

“Best” is so subjective, there will be dozens of answers to this — all of which will just be individuals’ opinions. There is no one best park.

Completely subjective. I’m going to say Yellowstone though, mostly because it was the first National Park I’ve ever visited and pretty unique. Just my opinion though.

Yep, it’s a completely subjective question. The “best” park to one person could be a breathtaking national park like Yellowstone or Yosemite, or it may be a quiet trail through the woods that someone’s been going to all their lives. I haven’t been, but I really would like to go to Glacier National Park, especially given the saddening news that the glaciers may be gone by 2020. It’s depressing, but now is the window to see one of the country’s most beautiful parks.

4. jet

I’ll echo the same sentiments about not being able to determine the best park, but I absolutely love the Arches Natinal Park in Utah. For more info, here’s the official site: http://www.nps.gov/arch/index.htm

For something on the eastern side of the United States, I would recommend Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.  This park is situated in the mountains of Virginia and offers some beautiful, sweeping views.  There is plenty of forest and mountain hiking; the park contains 500 miles of trails.  I think that what you see at Shenandoah is a proper representation of the climate, plants, and animals that can be found in the eastern United States.