What is the best environmental quote? funny or serious.

Here’s one by yours truly, Mr. G.W Bush.

Q: What specifically has your administration done to improve the condition of our nation�s air and water supply?

A: Off-road diesel engines, we a reached an agreement to reduce pollution from off-road diesel engines by 90%. I�ve got a plan to increase the wetlands by 3 million. We�ve got an aggressive brownfield program to refurbish inner-city sore spots to useful pieces of property. I proposed to the Congress a Clear Skies Initiative to reduce sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide and mercury by 70%. I fought for a strong title in the farm bill for the conservation reserve program to set aside millions of acres of land for – to help improve wildlife and the habitat. We proposed and passed a healthy forest bill to protect old stands of trees and at the same time, make sure our forests aren�t vulnerable to the forest fires that have destroyed acres after acres in the West. I proposed a hydrogen-generated automobile. We�re spending a billion dollars to come up with the technologies to do that.

Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. ~Henry David Thoreau

Modern technology
    Owes ecology
    An apology.
    ~Alan M. Eddison

There’s a bunch of other great quotes at the website below.

“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world”

John Muir

A few I like:

To be a friend of the earth, you have to be an enemy of man.
    — T.C. Boyle (A Friend of the Earth)

It seems to me that we all look at Nature too much, and live with her too little.
    -Oscar Wilde, “De Profundis”, 1905

“What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.” Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

“The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson. This quote emphasizes how the smallest part of nature can have an enormous impact on the world — it also shows how everything in nature is interconnected. 

“Buy land.  God ain’t making any more of it.” — Tony Soprano