What is water bankruptcy?

Water bankruptcy simply means that we are no longer able to keep using water in the same way that we have been. Droughts from misused water resources are causing a major panic. The shortage of water is starting to show very negative effects as farmers are hit hard by the lack of water resources available. I have attached an article about water bankruptcy that I came across in my research.

Simply put it is like financial bankruptcy only this doesn’t just go away when we declare it. It is the point where we run out of water, or there simply isn’t enough to go around. All over the world glaciers are melting and some will be totally gone in the next hundred years. Many places around the world are currently facing the worst droughts in history. This could eventually lead to a global food shortage. For now, however we need to focus on water management, otherwise we’re finished.