What are your thoughts on the incandescent light bulb ban?

2

Answers

I don’t see anything wrong with it.  I mean, yes they are cheaper to purchase initally, but LED and CFL bulbs save you money in the long run.  I was quite surprised when I read an article saying that the ban had been put off.  I hope someday soon the ban goes into effect, but for now I suppose it’s only a minor delay. 

The only practical use for incandescent light bulbs is for heat lamps, and I think that they will make an exception for those. I used a heat lamp for raising my chickens in the cold winter when they were little, and the bulb looked a lot different from normal incandescent bulbs. Incandescent light bulbs consume a lot more energy than LED and CFL lights because they produce more heat than they produce light. In the summer, using an LED or CFL light can help keep your house cool. This will not only lower your lighting bill, it will also lower your air conditioning bill as well (if you even use air conditioning in the first place).