What are you personally doing to reduce your carbon footprint?

I walk everywhere within reason, and rarely use the air conditioner unless its one of those crazy 104+ degree days. I also eat a diet of primarily fruits and vegetables with restricted consumption of meat and dairy. Finally, I purchase used clothes and supplies.  

I ride a bike or walk everywhere; I eat mostly leafy things, and never contribute to the demand for meat by paying for it; I keep all appliances unplugged when they’re not being used, and avoid inexorably wasteful technologies like air conditioning. Also, I avoid consumption of anything that comes from far away, and anything that produces or uses plastic, as far as these things are possible.

My efforts pale in comparison to mercurycommunication and SowEarlySowOften – I try to limit my car usage when I’m not in school, but it’s inevitable that I drive it a bit. Additionally, I only use my home air conditioner when absolutely necessary. There’s more I could be doing, and I should consider some alternative ways to go about everyday activities without being wasteful.

I walk whenever possible and carpool whenever possible. I turn off lights when they don’t need to be used.

My house and dorm are free of air conditioning and, living on a college campus, I can afford to go months without using a car. I also avoid drinking bottled water, and instead fill up my Nalgene with water from the faucet or my refrigerator at home.