The top ten eco-friendly colleges in the United States are:
1. Middlebury College in Middlebury Vermont.
2. University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado.
3. University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont.
4. Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, North Carolina.
5. Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
6. Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona.
7. University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
8. Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio.
9. University of Washington in Seattle, Washington.
10. Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts.
The criteria for the most eco-friendly school was based on ten different categories “building, energy, food, investment, procurement, transportation, curriculum, environmental activism; waste management, and overall commitment to sustainability.”
There are also school in an even high category called the Eco Legue. In this legue is “Alaska Pacific University, College of the Atlantic, Green Mountain College, Northland College and Prescott College. These 5 liberal arts schools approach nearly every course with active environmental studies.
The Sierra club has rated many colleges across the US. Private universities were the colleges that used to mainly be green, and now public schools have seen the importance of caring for the environment. The top ten green colleges in the US are:
#1 Middlebury College (2350); #2 University of Colorado-Boulder (29,000); #3 University of Vermont at Burlington 10,750 students, Burlington, Vermont #4 Warren Wilson College, 850 students, Swannanoa, North Carolina #5 Evergreen State, 4400 students, Olympia, WA #6 Arizona State at Tempe, 51,500, Tempe AZ; #7 University of Florida – Gainesville, 50,000, Gainesville, FL; #8 Oberlin College, 1500 students, Oberlin, OH #9 University of Washington at Seattle, 39,250 #10 Tufts University, 10,000, Medford MA.
Binghamton University woowoo. On Princeton’s top ten.
Click here to cancel reply.
Signup for an account and start participating in our site today!
You can also login with your Facebook or Twitter account
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC