What are some vegetables that contain a lot of iron?

2

Answers

Both spinach and carrots contain alot of iron. I used to eat large amounts of both while I was breastfeeding. I would recommend eating them raw to get the most nutrition benefits. My favorite fresh juice includes 6 long carrots, 2 oranges, and 1 apple. You can throw spinach in any salad for variety or try it in miso soup.

Iron is an essential mineral, for it transports oxygen throughout the body. There are several vegetables that contain this important mineral. In just one cup of sun-dried tomatoes, you can get 27% of your recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of iron. Fresh parsley contains a good amount of iron too- in a 100g serving, you can get 34% RDA. Cooked spinach also has a lot of iron, accounting for 35% RDA in one cup. Additionally, lentil sprouts contain 17% RDA of iron in a 100g serving. Those mentioned are just a few vegetables that are iron rich. You can find more vegetables, along with fruits, at the link provided.