What are some things I can teach my kids to help with conservation?

I’d say the most basic answer to that question is a love of nature. Take your kids out for walks in the woods or for hikes on the weekends. Give them a field guide and let them scrownge around in the dirt looking for little animals. The love and awe for the natural world will lead them to be more conscious of our effects on it and the rest they will learn with time. Good luck and God bless!

There are a few basic things that every child should be taught so that as they grow older, and learn more about the environment, they already have a great foundation to build upon.  Obviously there are the basic things such as turning off the water while brushing your teeth, and turning lights off when you are not in the room.  There are some things that not all children know though that they should, such as buying products with less packaging, and bringing your own bag to the store.

I remember when I was in elementary school my class went on a field trip to a state park. When we got there we were given brochures about the wildlife in the park with pictures of what they looked like. We did a scavenger hunt and it was fun to look for the animals and plants and then check the boxes next to their name. I learned alot just about the different kinds of plants and animals living in our area and had so much fun identifying them and their habitats. For me that was a crucial early lesson about conservation because I could understand that lands like the park needed to be conserved as best as possible.