What are some socially responsible companies that sell beauty products?

Sociallyresponsible.org has a huge list of companies with environmentally-friendly cosmetics. Read through the descriptions to find what matters to you most, since the list has organic, vegan and sustainable products, but not all of them match all three categories.

My personal favorite eco-friendly beauty products are by Burt’s Bees. I love their lip balm for chapped lips, and they have really great lotions and creams for dry skin.

I’ve also been using Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Face Sculpting Trio and love it. The products themselves are vegan, although the brushes are made from goat hair.

Both Burt’s Bees and Organic wear are free of harmful chemicals like SLS and Parabens.

PETA has a list of products that do and don’t test on animals (I think they even have an iphone ap now). You could also take a look at Green America’s green business products. I’m a personal fan of Body Shop products which are socially responsible and not tested on animals. Burt’s Bees is also a great company to look into.