What are some real world applications for using synthetic material to trap nuclear waste?

I’m wondering about specific examples?

Real world applications of such a material would be cleaning radioactively contaminated groundwater, hopefully making it easier to clean nuclear disaster sites such as Chernobyl, and potentially keeping people safer from unintentional radiation exposure. Cesium is a rather tricky radioactive element to sequester once it has contaminated an area. Bio remediation techniques are in use to clean groundwater contaminated with uranium, as certain bacteria can hasten the breakdown of unstable uranium isotopes to stables ones. It is a rather massive breakthrough in the synthetic materials department, and hopefully will have significant other applications as well as the ones I’ve brought to attention.