What are some powerful quotes that champion the environment?

If you are looking for quotes that explain that the Earth does not belong to men, but men belong to the earth, I’ve found some quotes at http://www.todancewithangels.com/famousquotes.html. One of them is listed below.

“What befalls the earth befalls all the sons of the earth.
    This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth.
    All things are connected like the blood that unites us all.
    Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it.
    Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”
    -Chief Seattle (1786-1866)

“The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know. All things are connected, like the blood which unites one family. All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”

-Chief Seattle {U.S.} Divamish Indians

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.”

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.”

One summer night, out on a flat headland all but surrounded by the waters of the bay, the horizons were remote and distant rims on the edge of space. Millions of stars blazed in darkness, and on the far shore a few lights burned in cottages; otherwise, there was no reminder of human life. My companion and I were alone with the stars; the misty river of the Milky Way flowing across the sky, the patterns of the constellations standing out bright and clear, a blazing planet low on the horizon.

It occurred to me that if this were a sight that could be seen only once in a century, this little headland would be thronged with spectators. But it can be seen many scores of nights in any year, and so the inhabitants probably gave not a thought to the beauty overhead. And because they could see it almost any night, perhaps they never will.”

-Rachel Carson

The ‘control of nature’ is a phrase conceived in arrogance, born of the Neanderthal age of biology and philosophy, when it was supposed that nature exists solely for the convenience of man.”

-Rachel Carson

My soul can find no staircase to heaven unless it be through earth’s loveliness.”

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”

-John Ruskin

He that plants a tree loves others besides himself.”

-Thomas Fuller