What are some plants that we use for healing powers?

Plants are often filled with medicinal benefits.  The website below lists virtually every plant and what medicinal benefit they have.  The plants are listed by symptoms.

Few if any herbs have proven healing or other medical powers. The US Food and Drug Administration usually puts them into a dietary supplement category, specifically pointing out that they “are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure diseases”. Unfortunately, most herbal medicine producers do not bother to go through serious testing and approval process like pharmaceutical companies that are required to do so. Now whether that’s because they don’t think their product can actually pass the tests of effectiveness and low adverse health effects or they avoid testing for other reasons would be interesting to find out. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not touching anything that’s not proven to be safe and working.

Though herbs and supplements can easily reach the market and may not be beneficial at all – sometimes maybe even being dangerous – for thousands of years, humans have used herbal medicines to treat a variety of ailments. Many of the medicines we use today have plant-based ingredients that have been utilized for generations. Ethnobotanists, who work to better understand plants by speaking to native people of the lands where they grow, have helped uncover healing properties of various plant species and relay this information to people around the world. I personally believe that herbs and other plants do have medicinal value, but I havn’t been raised in a society that fully understands or appreciates this knowledge.