What are some natural ways that I can whiten my teeth?

Depending on where you look and who you ask, you’ll find many solutions to help whiten your teeth. Swedes rub strawberries or crushed berries over their teeth for several minutes and claim that the malic acid that naturally occurs in the berries will remove stains. Native Americans have used sage to whiten teeth and freshen breath. Others believe that lemon juice works well.

MyHomeRemedies provides a list of solutions compiled from research as well as user suggestions. Use your judgment, search your cupboards, and have fun.

Speaking from personal experience, I have received the most compliments on my pearly whites since I switched to Tom’s of Maine toothpaste 4 years ago.  I tried the white strips and whitening toothpastes and my teeth looked fine but once I quit all that and began using natural products…I got the most positive comments on my cheeser.  

Happy brushing (oh and flossing)!

There are some other ways to be eco friendly when it comes to brushing and cleaning your teeth. Alt Use is a website featuring different ways to use house hold products instead of having to buy more things and spend resources and money. Check out the site, they have tips on what to use instead of toothpaste to keep your teeth clean and your breath fresh.