What are some natural ways to fight dry skin?

Honey is a natural humectant and works to retain moisture in the skin. You can make a daily scrub by mixing honey with finely ground almonds and a few drops of lemon juice. Drinking plenty of water also helps to keep the skin cells plump and moist to be able to heal dry skin. A humidifier can be used to treat dry skin because central heating and cooling tends to make dry skin conditions worse. You can also rub olive oil or raw egg yolks into your skin for a nice refreshing natural moisturing treatment (Ehow, 2011).

By using natural moisturizers on your skin you can help to keep moisture in your skin -helping skin from becoming as dry in the future.

Some of the natural ways that have been suggested in order to fight dry skin are creating a daily face scrub by mixing honey, grinded almonds and drops of lemon juice.

Lemon Juice

In order to keep your skins cells from getting dehydrated and crinkely, drinking lot of water is recommended to “help keep you skin cells plump and moist and heal dry skin,” (“Natural Ways to Deal with Dry Skin“)

Keeping a humidifer in your bedroom also helps with the humidity levels that are lowered by heating, fireplaces, and wood-burning stoves. The humdifier will retain the moisture in air around you and prevent your skin from being as dry.

In order to help keep the moisture in your skin, Oliveoilsource.com suggests rubbing olive oil on any dry skin on your body -it will allow skin to stay smooth without clogging your pores. Olive oil is also a natural moisturizer that provides your skin with tons of vitamin A and E.

If you want your dry skin to get smoother and look more healthy, use eggs. Since eggs contain the ingridient patothenic acid, it “lubricates your skin to help it look and feel soft and smooth,” (“Natural Ways to Deal with Dry Skin“).

Also, avoid using scented soaps and face wash that drys skin up and instead use gentle cleansers such as Aveeno.

For other suggestions on natural ways to help dry skin check out this article, “Natural Ways to Fight Dry Skin.”

I suffer from dry skin in the winter and what I find especially helpful is hemp balm. I also use it to treat my eczema.

Aloe is helpful for dry skin. It may depend on the area of your body what works best. The corners of my lips can get sensitive when I travel to areas with very low humidity (I grew up in Ohio, where it tends to be pretty humid). If I use any products containing vitamin E, I may have a bad reaction. I typically use Aquaphor or some other type of vaseline product. For most other parts of your body, Aloe, Cocoabutter, and other natural ingredients will help keep moisture in. Also, you will want to be sure to rub dry areas of skin, especially when you are in the shower, to remove dead skin cells so new cells can grow. These new cells will be smoother. It is beneficial to moisturize after getting out of the shower.

I agree with eblairbryant on using Aloe. 100% Aloe Vera jelly can be a very convenient moisturizer to carry with you as long as it doesn’t have any added chemicals. It is very gentle on the skin, and you can use it anywhere, and I really do mean anywhere. This can be very helpful if you are on some type of medication that reduces the amount of natural moisture that your body produces for epidermis in your more sensitive areas. Just make sure you are read the ingredients closely to make sure that they aren’t putting extra fragrances or weird things like that in the product.