what are some mattress companies that I can buy a mattress that is good for the environment from?

Keetsa is a great company with a lot of different styles of eco friendly mattresses. Pretty much whatever you are looking for they will have.

The Natural Sleep Store has organic mattresses and it has bedding, bed frames, and baby cribs. The website looks like it is has quite a few options. Hope this helps.

Green for Bedroom and Baby in Thousand Oaks, CA sells a wide variety of organic mattresses and bedding.  I want an organic bed now!

An excellent company is Flobeds. I have slept on them myself and know that they are comfortable. They are made with 100% natural latex, directly from the rubber tree. The cotton used is 100% organic, so there weren’t any herbicides used. Even the wool they use is considered organic. The sheep they use live outside all year round and are not exposed to herbicides or pesticides.