What are some ideas to recycle holiday packing material?

One thing you can do is to use gift bags instead of wrapping paper. Gift bags can be folded and stored easily for the next year. My family has accumulated a lot of gift bags over the years because we never throw them away. When we get tired of seeing the same gift bag over and over, we just give it to someone else!

My family saves gift bags and we also save bows. We just pull bows off of wrapping paper and roll up same tape to re-adhere them. We store all the gift bags and bows in a box to use for next year. If the gift bag had a to/from tag, we simply rip it off and put a sticker on the bag. We then put new stickers over the old each year to re-use them. We also save tissue paper to use in the gift bags.