What are some of the health benefits of Yoga?

– Increased flexibility

– Increased strength

– Better posture

– Breathing benefits (increased lung capacity, breathing control, deepened breath)

– Lessened stress

– Slower heart rate, which can help lessen the risk of hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases

– Can help with other medical conditions, such as arthiritis.

I practice Yoga a lot, and I find that it’s a great way to relax while getting a tough workout.  Yoga lowers your blood pressure and heart rate.  It also increases flexibility and muscle strength over time.  I’ve found that my posture has improved a lot, as well as my flexibility.  Yoga is a great way to slow down and to get in touch with yourself.  

Yoga increases strength, flexibility, balance, peace of mind, awareness of healthy and unhealthy habits (like drug or alcohol addiction, unhealthy eating), and sense of unity with others.