What are some good songs about animals?

If you’re interested in folk-ish music, Nickel Creek has a good song about a family of foxes. It’s catchy and cute, but if you don’t like hearing about foxes eating geese and chickens, the song isn’t for you. The link below will take you to it, it’s called “The Fox” by Nickel Creek.

“The Lion Sleeps Tonight” by The Tokens, “Blackbird” by The Beatles is a heavily symbolic song that uses a blackbird with newfound freedom learning to fly despite having broken wings to as its main metaphor, and for the kids, there’s “Baby Beluga” by Raffi.

“Jungle Rock” by Hank Mizell is quite a fun song.  But for a song that is rich both musically and contextually, Neko Case’s “People Got A Lot Of Nerve” is a song about how we expect animals to not behave like animals, and then are surprised when they do.

I was a huge Raffi fan when I was younger. When it comes to songs about animals, not many stick out like his “Baby Beluga.” Many its a bit infantile, but I still love it.