What are some good herb gardens that I can put in my kitchen?

Cilantro is a good herb that grows well indoors.  So is dill.  One suggestion is to grow them outdoors in the summer (which conveniently is coming up) and then transplant them into a pot when the season ends, that way they have a good start to them.  

There are a whole bunch of herb garden kits out on the market. Some are fancier than others but they all serve the same purpose. If you want to do one on your own, chives, rosemary, thyme, and cilantro are some of the easiest herbs to grow. They are also some of the most versatile and most used in cooking.

Here is a site to help you look through some of the available kits: http://www.google.com/products?q=herb+garden+kit&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XKDsS4ThNZG0sgOC4rW7Dw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CEYQrQQwAA

I would recommend growing basil.  I saw something on Martha Stewart about blanching it, blending it with some olive oil and pouring a bit into an ice cube tray as an easy way to aliquot and store basil.  You can thaw it later to make pesto or use for dipping fresh bread into.  Martha also recommends growing parsley, mint, oregano, chives, rosemary, cilantro and sage indoors. Many people I know grow herbs in a box on their kitchen windowsill, they can get light, and provide a little extra color.

Think about what herbs you most often cook with and then select plants of these to grow in our kitchen. Basil, oregano, and mint grow very well if there is enough natural light in your kitchen. Some things like dill get very tall and may be difficult to maintain in a small space.

Chia pet offers an herb garden in their line of products