What are some good fun green things to do on the weekend?

Many cities have community clean-ups that can be pretty fun while still being environmentally conscious and active. It’s a good way to meet people and socialize while helping out your community/environment. 

If you enjoy it, gardening can actually be a fun activity that is also beneficial for the environment.  

More indirectly, going for a bike ride or a walk instead of watching a movie, shopping or driving can be beneficial for you and the environment.  It’s a great summer activity!

I enjoy visiting my local farmer’s market at least a couple of weekends out of the month to stock up on produce and maybe even a simple item for my house, you never know what you will find at many of these markets and the vendors often create their crafts using recycled, biodegradable materials.

One good activity for the weekend is riding a bike.  You’re able to get outside and experience nature.  Also, it’s good exercise for your legs, lungs, and heart.  If you don’t have a bike, simply take a walk around your neighborhood.  It’s always good to get out of your house and into the outside world. 

I also wrote in the answer section but for some reason it didn’t show up…. Take a hike or go to beach and clean up litter and recycle along the way. See if a friend will join you!

When I was in college, I took an environmental science class that offered extra credit for doing a beach cleanup. A couple of friends and I decided to do this, and we had a great time doing it. We had such a great time in fact that we decided to go back and do it on future dates just for fun. It felt great helping the environment, and it was also fun being on the beach with my friends on a weekend. This was one of the benefits of going to college in Southern California. I also attached a link to the organization that I volunteered at!

You could visit your local farmer’s market and buy local food. You could take recycled goods to a recycling center on the weekend, particularly if you spend the week setting them aside. 

Explore new places with public transportation. Take photographs of plants, wildlife, natural landscape and share it on an online photography community. Cook a meatless meal. Do some volunteering like planting trees, picking up trash at a park or beach, doing outreach for an environmental cause.