What are some good drought resistant plants for a garden?

Some good options are:

• Opuntias (nopales or paddle cactus)
    • Echinocereus
    • Sedum
    • Yucca
    • Sempervivum
    • Oriental Yew
    • Evergreen Boxwood

Cactus is the first thing that comes to mind.  Sage (there are many kinds), aloe, and lavender are also great and can be very useful.  (Aloe can be used to heal wounds and some sage and lavender can be used to season food.)  Yucca is another favorite and used in southern California a lot.   If you live in a dry area, try and find out what plants are native to your region, because those are going to flourish the best.

My personal favorite is rosemary, which is mentioned briefly within the link provided by rn4fldhcky. Rosemary also makes a good substitute for a Christmas tree if you get it in a little pot. I have found that sage is also very easy to grow, but have not had any luck with thyme. I think it depends on where you live.