What are some efforts Portland General Electric has made for clean energy?

The company offers renewable energy options for all customers: homes, small business and for medium and large business. In all cases PGE uses a mix of renewable energy sources to offset 100% of its customers electricity usage. 

For homes and small business, the company offers the Green Source program which utilizes “New Wind,” “New biomass,” “new geothermal,” and “low-impact hydro power. For larger businesses the company offers a “Clean Wind” program which still requires supplementary power sources to power the business 100%. In addition PGE will publicize the companies purchase of wind power.

Portland General Electric also offers occasional specials to encourage customers to make the switch to only renewable energy.  I recently received an email from PGE with a promotion code that would reward me with a $10 gift card to New Seasons Market if I signed up for renewable energy online (though I already opted for renewable energy when I opened my PGE account).