What are some eco friendly lotions?

There are a variety of brands out there that use all natural and/or organic ingredients that often also come in eco-friendly packaging. Kiss My Face and Alba Botanica are two brands that I can think of off the top of my head, but there are plenty more.

I have found that specialty supermarkets, Co-ops in particular, often stock a wide variety of lotions, cleansers, etc., some of which are manufactured locally. Sometimes you can also bring your own container and fill it with lotion that comes from a larger container and is sold at a bulk (per pound) rate. In this way, not only can you purchase a natural product at a reduced price, you can store and dispense it in a reusable container, reducing waste.

I just recently found a fabulous lotion at Target.  It’s by a company called AHAVA; Dead Sea Essentials with Aloe Vera.  It smells fresh and clean and is moisturizing without being greasy.  Also, AVEDA, and Burt’s Beeswax have great lines of naturally moisturizing lotion.

When looking for a green lotion, you have to make sure that the company you are buying the lotion from uses green production techniques. Caldrea Lotion makes truly green products. It is made with Shea butter, Aloe Vera, and glycerin. The lotion itsself is biodegradable and packaging is recyclable. Caldrea also practices green techniques at the company and tries to be eco-friendly.