What are some cities in America that you wouldn’t need to own a car to get around in?

These are the big cities I have lived in so far: Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, and a short 4 months in New York. These are all major cities in America and I never owned a car in any of them. As far as public transportation, I would say Seattle had the best. But, this is my opinion based on what I have experienced, not on facts. New York and chicago subways are great too. Keep in mind this is the city, I don’t have too muc experience in the suburbs.

San Francisco has amazing public transportation.  Buses, street cars and trains allow you to get around most of the Bay Area with relative ease.  Many people live in SF and do not own cars and a lot of times it is faster and much CHEAPER to take public transportation than to drive yourself.