What are some benefits of Epsom salts?

It eases stresses and relaxes your body, relieves pain and muscle cramps, exfoliates dead skin, helps muscles and nerves function properly, helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots, makes insulin more effective, relieves constipation, and it is essential to plant growth.

One of the great benefits of Epsom salts are their ability to reduce inflammation. By soaking your skin in bath of Magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts) you can reduce inflammation and thereby reduce pain. Based on my own experience with a fractured foot this past summer, I can assure that the method works quite well as it was the only preparation besides a bath of ice that could reduce the swelling.

Epsom salt can also help alleviate Athlete’s Foot.  Below is a citation which tells of 15 wonderful uses of Epsom Salt.

Epsom salt has health and beauty benefits. It can ease stress and improve sleep and concentration, help muscles and nerves function properly, regulate activity of 325+ enzymes, help prevent artery hardening and blood clots, make insulin more effective, reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps, improve oxygen use, flush toxins and improve absorption of nutrients. It can help form joint proteins/brain tissue/mucin products and help prevent or ease migraines. It also softens skin and exfoliates.

I don’t have any science to back it up, but I know a few people that bath in Epsom salts to manage acne and eczema. From what I have read, it does this by reducing inflammation and pain associated with this conditions, as others have mentioned. Some treatments recommend taking a warm bath that has Epsom salts and certain oils added to it. It can also be taken internally to relieve constipation, though this should not be done without first consulting a doctor.