What are the oldest trees in America?

I should note that there was a bristlecone that was older than Methuselah by about 100 years on the slopes of Wheeler Peak in Nevada. Unfortunately, this tree was cut down back in the 1960s, so it no longer exists. However, this travesty ultimately DID lead to greater protection of bristlecone pines in places like the White Mountains and Snake Range.

I should also note that rumor has it a tree older than Methuselah has been found in the White Mountains. I have not heard anything solid about this. But given the sheer vastness and ruggedness of places like California’s White Mountains (as well as other Basin Ranges with bristlecone groves), it would certainly not be out of the question to find an older tree than Methuselah.