What are nature’s strangest creatures?

Answers

The pygmy seahorse certainly is a strange one. At about one inch long, 2.4 centimeters, it is one of the smallest, yet intriguing creatures in the sea and in the spirit of Halloween, its got a pretty good costume too!

I think the hagfish or “slime eel” is one of the strangest, and certainly among the most disgusting of Earth’s creatures. This fish lives in the deep ocean, has four hearts and two brains, no fins, a testicle and an ovary simultaneously, one eye and utilizes a unique method of escaping from its prey: it secretes so much mucous or “slime” that it either wriggles out of a predator’s grasp, or else the predator itself recoils in such horror and disgust that the hagfish can beat a hasty escape. The hagfish can create so much slime that it can turn a 20-liter bucket of water into slime in minutes. Despite being one of the most unpalatable creatures on nature’s menu, they are regularly eaten in Korea and Japan. I certainly wouldn’t want to eat one, but to each their own.

I’m inclined to agree with the selections from this site:

http://divaboo.info/

Humans if you are looking at it from a species relativist standpoint. Also we are unlike any other creature unfortunately and now look at what we have done to the earth. 

The Barreleye fish has a see through head, and is a fairly recent discovery.

I hope this helped!

I find sea urchins to be strange looking.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/projectionist/sea-urchin.jpg

They look like round seashells. Interesting looking creatures. I don’t believe I have seen any in my area.

I have always thought that the giant ant eater was very strange. A creature that can reach seven feet long surviving on a diet of termites and ants (around 35,000 everyday) Plus, they look wierd

The star-nosed mole is a really weird looking animal.  They live in the humid northeastern parts of the United States, and in eastern parts of Canada.  The star-nosed mole has 22 mobile, fleshy tentacles attached to their snout, which they use to detect food by touch.

Star-nosed Mole

Star-nosed Mole

well in my opinion is the duckbill platypus and the reason for this is because it is a link between the bird and mammal kingdoms

Definitely deep sea creatures like enormous jelly fish, glowing fish that are nearly blind and can only live under deep pressure, glowing worm and bug-like animals. The deep sea is like outer space!

The Hoan Kiem Giant Turtle found in a lake in Hanoi Vietnam.  Vietnamese Turtle: Photo Credit, Vietnam.net

Vietnamese Turtle: Photo Credit, Vietnam.net